An easy recipe of garlic and herb plank salmon packs tons of flavor with fresh herbs and lemon. Great for your next fishing trip or backyard cook.
A cedar plank infuses a smoky, earthy flavor that pairs well with the easy marinade. Keep a spray bottle filled with water nearby to douse any flames from the plank, as needed.
Make sure to give yourself enough time to soak the planks in water before grilling. Otherwise, the planks will burn instead of smoke.
Herb Plank Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lemons zested
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs rosemary, thyme, basil, etc.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 8 ounce salmon fillets skin removed
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- 2 cedar planks
- spray bottle filled with water
- Place the cedar planks in a large container filled with water and soak for 2 to 3 hours. Remove from the water and pat dry.
- In a small bowl make the marinade by combing the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, herbs, and garlic.
- Place the salmon in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Turn the fillets to coat evenly. Seal the bag and chill in a cooler until ready to grill.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking at medium-high heat, about 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and transfer it to a sheet pan.
- Place the cedar plank on the hot grate and leave it there until you see and smell a light smoke, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the plank over and place the fish on top.
- Close the grill and cook until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F (57 degrees C), 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the grill keeping it on the plank, and let it rest for 15 minutes to allow the salmon to finish cooking.
- Serve the salmon on the plank with lemon wedges.
BBQ Grilled Seafood