This super quick and easy Grilled Sausage Breakfast Burger features grilled sausage. It is a perfect outdoor breakfast if you want something easy and substantial to start your day. Layers of bacon, sausage, eggs, and cheese are drizzled with a touch of maple syrup.
The sausage burger patties can be homemade or a purchased batch. The seasoned meat can easily be made into a patty shape. Experiment with flavor blends and brands to find your favorite variety. You can also swap out the sausage with ground beef, for an interesting twist on a hamburger.
We love hand-held food for breakfast, as there is no washing up. You can get straight into the day’s adventures. But, you might want to have a few napkins on hand!
Grilled Sausage Breakfast Burger Recipe
- 1/4 pounds breakfast sausage meat
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 large hamburger bun
- 1 slice American Cheese
- maple syrup
- griddle or skillet
- Form the sausage meat into a flat burger patty.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. Add the sausage burger and bacon, cooking gently.
- When the meats are almost cooked add the egg and fry to your preference. A runny yolk is a popular choice.
- Assemble the burger in the bun with the cheese, sausage patty, fried egg, and bacon, then topped with maple syrup.Tip: Putting the sausage patty on straight off the heat is enough to melt the cheese, but if you want more, the cheese can be put on top of the patty while cooking for extra melt.