Smokey and savory, the whiskey stave smoked cheeseburger is sure to be a hit at your next barbecue or cookout. Topped with bacon jam and blue cheese, this burger is amazing.
If you don’t have whiskey stave chips for your smoker, use alder or your favorite wood chips.
Prepare your own bacon jam for your burgers ahead of time, or, in a pinch, top them with cooked bacon and a bit of tomato jam. For even better flavor, melt the blue cheese on the burgers for a minute or two, and give the buns a light smoke and toast before serving.
Whiskey Stave Smoked Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1 pound hand-ground beef chuck
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 slices blue cheese
- 8 tablespoons bacon jam for serving
- whiskey stave chips
- Loosely pack together the beef and salt, then form into four patties.
- Heat a smoker to 250 to 300 degrees F (121 to 148 degrees C). Add whiskey stave chips to the smoker.
- Cook the burgers over indirect heat until cooked until your desired doneness, about 20 minutes.
- Serve on a brioche bun topped with blue cheese and bacon jam.
More Cheeseburger Recipes
Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza