Fruits don’t always have to be a dessert as shown with this amazing side of prosciutto-wrapped peaches. The acidic fruit complements any meat main. If you want to take it up a notch, smear the peaches with a bit of soft cheese, drizzle them with balsamic vinegar, or top them with fresh basil.
Don’t be deterred by only two ingredients or how easy they are to make. The flavor still packs a punch. The ease of cooking allows you to focus on the main star of the meal rather than the side dish.
Watch the peaches carefully as they grill. You want to just soften the peaches and crisp the prosciutto, not burn them. The high sugar content puts them at risk of easily burning if the grill is too high or they are left too long.
Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Peaches Recipe
- 4 peaches
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 16 toothpicks
- hickory wood
- Soak the toothpicks in water to prevent burning.
- Prepare a grill to medium heat, then add the hickory wood.
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. Cut in half again so the peaches are quartered.
- Wrap each piece of peach in a piece of prosciutto. Hold the prosciutto in place with a soaked toothpick.
- Place the prepared peaches on the preheated grill. Turn regularly, until the prosciutto begins to crisp and the peaches have caramelized a bit, 3 to 4 minutes.Tip: If you prefer a softer peach, after getting the prosciutto brown, move to the cooler side of the barbecue and allow it to continue to cook until you achieve the preferred texture.
BBQ Grilled Salad