Griddle Fried Chicken is a healthier twist on traditional fried chicken, but with all the same flavor. A great main dish for your next cookout, it can be grilled in under 15 minutes. You can eat the chicken as-is, place it in a hamburger bun with fixings, or slice it to top a salad.
The chicken gets a ton of flavor from the seasoning mixture. Flour is tossed with garlic powder, paprika, and turmeric, giving it a great color. For even more flavor, lightly season the cooked chicken with salt and pepper.
The trick to getting the chicken to cook evenly is to get the chicken slices as even a thickness as possible. In addition to the instructions below, you can also pound the breasts flat with a meat mallet or a frying pan.
Griddle Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 chicken breasts
- oil, for cooking
- 2 pats butter, or as needed
- Flat top grill or griddle
- Preheat a flat top grill or griddle to medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and turmeric. Set aside.
- Carefully slice the chicken in half to make thinner. The easiest way to do this is to place your hand on top of the chicken laid flat on a chopping board. Slowly slice below your hand parallel to the chopping board. This creates an even and thin piece of chicken that is quicker to cook.
- Dust the chicken breasts generously with the flour mixture and lightly pat so that it sticks.
- Add a generous amount of oil and butter to the flat top. Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) when measured with an instant-read thermometer, flipping once during cooking, about 12 minutes.
More Chicken Recipes
BBQ Grilled Meat
Grilled Chicken Parma
Grilled Chicken Alfredo
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
Family loved it, thanks! They’re wanting it again!
This was really easy to make and delicious! Will make again