Perfect finger food for your next backyard BBQ these crispy grilled chicken wings are great in texture and flavor. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to marinate the wings before grilling them, for the best flavor.
One of the tricks to the crispy skin is the use of rice flour rather than the traditional wheat flour. As these are baked rather than fried they need to be sprayed with oil to become golden rather than just stay floury.
The final step is the addition of the sauce. The suggestion is a barbecue sauce but you can use other sauces such as buffalo sauce, sweet chili sauce, or even an Alabama white sauce.
Crispy Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Trilby's Heavenly Hatch Rub or your favorite rub
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoons spray oil
- 1/4 cup Alaskan Unami BBQ Sauce or a savory BBQ sauce
- sealable plastic bag
- grill grates
- Place chicken wings in a large stainless steel bowl and sprinkle heavily with the rub. Toss evenly to coat.
- Transfer the wings to a sealable plastic bag then add the water. Remove the air then chill to marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, drain the wings in a colander and transfer them to a large stainless steel bowl. Sprinkle heavily with rice flour and toss to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
- Preheat a grill to a surface temperature of 450 degrees F (232 degrees C).
- Spray wings with oil to coat, then turn over and spray the other side.
- Grill until golden brown, about 25 minutes. If your grill has a lid, close it as this helps speed up the process.
- Place the BBQ sauce in a heatproof container then heat until hot and thinned out.
- Place the cooked wings in the stainless steel bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Toss to coat then serve immediately.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
Fried-Not-Fried Chicken Wings
Mild Buffalo Chicken Wings