Packed with shrimp, andouille sausage, corn, and baby potatoes, Foil Shrimp Boil is a quick dinner for your next grill or campfire cookout. It is easy to assemble ahead of time and cooks up quickly. These meal packets are also packed with flavor.
For the best results, make sure to use heavy-duty foil, so the packets don’t rip while grilling. Fill the packets full, but make sure you can completely close the foil around the ingredients so you don’t lose any food while cooking. And, make sure to flip your packets halfway through cooking, so everything cooks evenly and the flavors get well distributed.
Though these packets are a full meal in themselves, you can always serve them with extra sides. Try a green salad, fresh-baked bread or cornbread, or a side of rice to soak up extra flavors.
Foil Shrimp Boil Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 smoked andouille sausage thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked baby red potatoes halved
- 2 ears cooked corn cut into 5 or 6 rounds
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- Preheat a grill over high heat or start a campfire. Cut four sheets of foil about 12-inches (30cm) long.
- Divide the shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn between the foil sheets. Drizzle with the chicken broth, then sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning and garlic. Top each packet with a tablespoon of butter.
- Fold the foil packets crosswise over the shrimp mixture to completely cover the food. Roll the top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
- Place the foil packets on the grill or in the campfire and cook until the shrimp is opaque and the food is hot, 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully open each foil packet and sprinkle with the chives. Serve immediately.
More Shrimp Recipes
Cajun Shrimp Po’Boy
Two Pot Meal
Camp Shrimp and Grits
BBQ Grilled Kebab
Thanks for Sharing this Awesome recipe. great and good recipe you have shared.