Hard-boiled eggs are mixed with a savory blend of their yolk, curry powder, and mayonnaise in this easy dish that can be served as an appetizer, side, or salad.
This is an Australian variation on the American deviled eggs that traditionally used a yellow-style curry powder that is heavy in turmeric and fenugreek. These flavors combine with the egg yolk to give a flavorful bite.
Curried eggs are a common item found at a BBQ or when you need to bring a plate to a picnic. They are great finger food and a relatively healthy option being high in protein.
Curried Eggs Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- piping bag with a nozzle optional
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Add to the egg yolks the curry powder and mayonnaise then combine until smooth. You may need to push lumps of the yolk into the side of the bowl to break them up.
- Refill each egg half with the yolk mixture. This can simply be done by scooping it back in, or you can pipe it in for a fancier finish. If making a bulk version of this, aka doubling or tripling the quantity, piping is much quicker.
- Arrange the filled curried eggs on a serving platter and keep them chilled until needed.
Two Pot Meal