You don’t need to go to a fancy cafe to have a wonderful avocado toast, this campfire version uses a pie iron or jaffle iron that allows a simple outdoor cook.
This is a base variation of a flavorsome avocado blend, from here you can add additional ingredients such as baby spinach, chili flakes, tomato, or even an egg.
The perfect way to impress your friends with a little amount of work. All ingredients although fresh if packed carefully travel quite well.
Campfire Avocado Toast Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic crushed, optional
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 street tortillas
- pie iron or jaffle iron
- Half the avocado then remove the seed. Extract the flesh and place it in a bowl. This may be sliced, crushed, or mashed to your preference.
- Add to the avocado the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Adjust the garlic and lemon to your personal taste. (I like lots of lemon and garlic to contrast the mild avocado)
- Line the pie iron with one street tortilla, fill it with half the avocado, then top with a second street tortilla.
- Cook over a hot fire to toast the tortilla, the avocado may not be heated all the way through but this is the most flavorsome way to eat it.
- Repeat to toasting process with the second half of the prepared ingredients.
BBQ Grilled Seafood
BBQ Grilled Salad