Nothing says summer dinner like grilled shrimp tacos with avocado salsa. Fresh, light, and bursting with flavor, these are a favorite for the whole family.
The avocado salsa is spicy, crunchy, and creamy with plenty of fresh vegetables and herbs. In addition to topping the tacos, you can also serve them alongside chips.
The shrimp are marinated in spices, then grilled. The tacos are finished with crunchy red cabbage and cooling sour cream.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 1 small shallot
- 1 jalapeno pepper quartered and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice from half a lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves loosely packed then chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Put the shallot, jalapeno, and garlic in the bowl of a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes, avocado, salt, lime juice, and cilantro then stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and shrimp in a large bowl. Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Place the shrimp on grill and cook, turning once or twice just until opaque, about 4 minutes total. Remove from the grill to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Over the hot grill, heat the tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 20 seconds per side.
- Spoon avocado salsa generously over warm tortillas, then top with shrimp, cabbage, and a dollop of sour cream. Serve tacos with lime wedges on the side.
BBQ Grilled Meat
BBQ Grilled Meat