The grilled cheeseburger pizza combines two favorite fast foods into one! This is where a juicy cheeseburger meets a cheesy pizza. The icing on the cake, is that the whole thing is grilled, giving it a great smoky flavor. Sounds crazy but tastes great.
The key flavors of a cheeseburger including the meat, pickles, ketchup, and mustard are moved from a bread roll to a pizza base. The cheese, which is present in both meals, finishes it off and further ties them together. You can even top the pizzas with a little shredded lettuce or serve extra pickles on the side.
The recipe uses a pre-made pizza base, which can often be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. This can easily be swapped out for fresh, homemade pizza dough. However, the ease and almost tackiness of using a pre-made dough fits with the character of these two fast food icons.
Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pizza crusts premade and cooked
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat, or 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef until cooked through. Drain off any fat.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, pickles, and cheddar cheese to the beef. Stir until combined. Spread the mixture on top of the pizza crusts.
- Top each pizza with the Colby Jack cheese.
- Grill the pizzas for 10 minutes, with the lid down. Rotate the pizza every 3 minutes, and check the bottom to make sure it isn’t burning.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals