Easy Smore pie is a perfect dessert for the end of a long day with only 4 ingredients, a few steps, and a sweet reward. The chocolate is pre-melted so the baking is mainly to puff and brown the marshmallow.
Keeping the recipe easy these instructions include a pre-made crumb crust, but if so include you can make this from scratch as well. The crust is placed into a skillet to help support it and protect the base and chocolate while browning the marshmallow.
You can use any chocolate for this, to add a twist try different brands and types of chocolate. You can even try to feel less guilty by adding some fresh berries or fruit (Note: This won’t actually make it healthier).
Easy Smores Tart Recipe
- 6 bars (1.5 oz) chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 bag marshmallows
- small pot
- camp oven (closed grill or smoker)
- Preheat the camp oven (closed grill or smoker) to a temperature of 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Gently melt the chocolate and milk while stirring until all melted and well combined. Do not let boil.
- Place the pre-made pie crust in the skillet then pour in the melted chocolate.Tip: By placing the pie in a skillet it will make it easier to handle and protect the base/filling as the cast iron heats up, this also maximizes the heat to the marshmallow and getting a perfect brown crust.
- Evenly spread the marshmallows over the top of the chocolate filling.
- Place the skillet, with the smores pie in it, into the preheated camp oven. Cook until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Dutch Oven Dessert
Hiking and Trekking