Looking for individual packets of goodness, why not try these bacon-wrapped sirloins stuffed with seasoned wild rice.
The bacon wrapper helps to hold it together, keep the meat moist and let’s face it – it looks great.
These are ideal for a family camp where everyone gets their own bundle of goodness, sever with salad or vegetables to make a complete meal.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Sirloin Recipe
- 2 cups wild rice
- 27 fl oz beef broth or stock
- 2 beef bouillon or stock cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 rashers bacon
- 5 sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 inch Dutch oven
- Place the wild rice, broth, bouillon, butter, salt, and water in a pot then bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let sit.
- Place 3 pieces of the bacon in a star-type shape. Place the sirloin steak in the center of the bacon star. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place a fifth of the wild rice stuffing in the center of the steak and bring the corners of the steak over to cover the rice. Now there is a steak ball. Begin wrapping the bacon, to the center of the ball. Once all the bacon ends are wrapped to the center there is a bacon-wrapped steak ball.Tip: To secure the bacon in place use a piece of spaghetti. It holds everything together like a toothpick yet cooks as the food does so there isn’t the worry about someone biting into a toothpick.
- Browned the bacon in the Duch oven to brown and seal them. Set the Dutch oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) then bake for 30-40 minutes or till they reached 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving. If there is any rice filling left this may be served alongside.