Quick and easy to prepare ahead of time, Zucchini Pepper Stacks with Duck Breast are tasty little morsels that work well with smaller breasted ducks.
As tasty as they are beautiful, the duck is stacked with colorful vegetables and cheese, then wrapped in bacon. Though it’s a simple dish to prepare, it has an elegant presentation.
Fillings and cooking methods can be varied to suit your tastes. Try baking, grilling, or frying! You can also change out the vegetables for what is in season and choose your favorite cheese.
This recipe is from Tiffany’s book Cooking Game Birds. To buy this book, and many more, visit here.
Bacon Wrapped Duck Stacks Recipe
- 1 duck breast
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 3 inch zucchini slices
- 1 slice Swiss cheese or provolone cheese
- 1/4 roasted red pepper
- 1 slice bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Rub each side of the duck with seasoning salt or your favorite grill seasoning.
- Place the duck breast on a flat surface and stack with the zucchini, cheese, red pepper, and another slice of zucchini.
- Wrap the bacon slice around the stack so the end is on the breast side of the stack.
- Bake in the oven, fry in a frying pan, or grill until the bacon is crisp and the duck reaches an internal temperature of 130 to 150 degrees F (54 to 66 degrees C).
- Serve whole or cut into bite-sized slices.
More Duck Recipes
Reverse Seared Duck Breast
Salt-Crusted Rosemary Duck