A great way to start off or finish a meal, this smoked Camembert cheese is a great substitute or addition to a cheese platter. The warmed Camembert acts similar to a dip after being heated. Serve with spicy red jelly and crackers.
It is a simple dish to make but is very impressive to serve. It is perfect while the smoker is heating up or cooling down from a big cook. The better quality camembert you can get and fresher rosemary the better the result will be.
You can pair it with any relish, but spicy works better such as capsicum, pepper jelly, or tomato relish. These all pair well with the mildness of the Camembert cheese. Apart from the water crackers, it can also be accompanied by grapes, pickles, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Smoked Camembert Cheese Recipe
- 1 round Camembert cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- spicy jelly relish, or chutney
- 24 crackers
- cheese plank
- Preheat the wooden plank. If using a grill or smoker, try to get a char on it for more flavor.
- Prepare the Camembert by stabbing evenly with a knife creating slits in the surface of the cheese.
- Very thinly slice the garlic and break off very small sprigs of rosemary.
- Stuff a single slice of garlic and one mini sprig of rosemary into each knife hole.
- Place the Camembert on the preheated plank.
- Cook in the smoker or BBQ at 200 degrees F (100 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until you touch the top of the cheese and it is very soft or the cheese shell breaches.
- Serve immediately on a platter topped with spicy jelly and crackers.
More Smoked Cheese Recipes
Smoked Pimento Cheese
Prosciutto-Wrapped Smoked Brie