Cooking on a spit will have your guests drooling while they wait for their dinner with this rotisserie rib eye roast. The homemade rub is very simple and most ingredients will probably be found in your pantry. This allows the naturally rich and smoky flavor of the roast to shine through, once cooked to perfection.
This roasting cooking method allows a rich outer crust with beefy flavor while creating a tender moist interior. A simple beef rub combines with the smoke of the fire to create this rich crust flavor. You can cook this roast to whatever temperature you prefer, rare to well-done.
This mouthwatering rib eye can be paired with a side of vegetables or salad. It can be topped with a compound butter or light sauce. Thinly sliced, it can also be used to create decadent yet easy-to-eat sandwiches.
Rotisserie Ribeye Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 pounds rib roast
- Combine the kosher salt, black pepper, garlic granules, sweet paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl. Place in a rub shaker to sprinkle onto the rib roast.
- Trim any excess fat, silverskin, or gristle from the rib roast. Evenly sprinkle the rub over the rib roast.
- Light the fire for the rotisserie to a hot temperature.
- Secure the rib roast to your spit as per manufacturer instructions.
- Place the spit on the rotisserie to create a medium temperature and start rotating. Cook until done to your preferred liking; about 2 hours.Tip: There are so many variables here that any time is just an estimate. Factors to consider are the size of the roast, the temperature of the roast when you start cooking, the type of fuel used and heat it produces, lid or no lid on the rotisserie, and preferred doneness are just a few of these. It is best to use an instant-read thermometer to keep an eye on your preferred temperature.
- When cooked, rest for 10 minutes then slice to serve.