A hot breakfast camping couldn’t be easier than pie iron cinnamon rolls cooked over the campfire’s coals. This is more of a technique than a recipe as it uses premade cinnamon rolls.
It is included as one of our ‘easy’ recipes for those looking for inspiration to get younger children involved in the experience of cooking their own food while camping. But even the adults would love to eat them.
The result however is a hot breakfast that each person can cook for themself. It isn’t just a meal it is a fun experience cooking over the campfire.
Pie Iron Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 6 packet cinnamon roll dough
- round pie iron
- Preheat the pie iron over the coals.
- Carefully place a single cinnamon roll in the pie iron then secure closed.
- Place over the coals and allow to bake for about 10 minutes. This may be done by continually rotating to keep the whole pie iron hot, or evenly splitting the time to cook one side, turn, then cook the other side.
- Carefully remove from the pie iron and top with the icing provided in the package.
- Repeat with the next set of dough and continue until they are all cooked.