Who said you can’t play with your food before cooking and eating it? These marshmallow snowmen add a little fun before cooking them on the campfire.
Edible ink pens are becoming more common now and can be bought at many food stores in the baking section. If yours doesn’t have them any decorating store and most craft stores with a cake section also sell them.
Although it works all year round, snowmen are a popular theme during the Christmas holiday season whether you live in an area that gets snow or trying to bring a snowman to a hot southern Christmas.
Marshmallow Snowmen Recipe
- edible food pens or food coloring
- 24 marshmallows
- 8 favorite candy for a hat
- 16 pretzel sticks
- 8 skewers
- Start by drawing the faces and decorations on the marshmallows (you can do this after assembly if it works better for you). Tip: If you don’t have access to edible cake decorating pens, you can use food coloring and fine paintbrushes.
- Assemble the snowmen by placing three marshmallows on a skewer. Top with a lollie or candy, for the hat.
- Use the pretzels to make arms.