If looking for a new flavor for your wings, these Indian spiced chicken wings offer a hint of spice with their unique seasoning. With such great flavors, you’ll be surprised at how easy the recipe is to prepare. It’s great for game day, picnics, snacks, or hanging out with friends and family.
The rub is homemade along with the sauce so you can tweak it to your personal preference. This recipe uses flavors such as garam masala, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Similarly, the sauce allows you to pick your preferred mango chutney, honey, and siracha.
The wings themselves are cooked on an indirect grill set-up. This way, they can be cooked in a single process with no turning required. The final step is just the adding of the glaze with a minute of cooking left to go.
Indian Spiced Chicken Wings Recipe
Indian Wing Rub
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder or cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon course black pepper
- 2 pounds whole wings tips removed
- spray oil
Mango Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or to taste
- BBQ set-up for indirect heat
- Set up the barbecue for indirect heat at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Indian Wing Rub
- Combine the smoked paprika, cumin, garam masala, coriander, chili powder, turmeric, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Dust the rub over the chicken wings then spray with the oil.
- Spray the preheated grill with the oil then add the rubbed chicken wings on the indirect side. Leave them to cook for 20 minutes.
Mango Rub Sauce
- Place the mango chutney, honey, and sriracha in a blender and process until smooth.
- Brush the prepared mango sauce on the wings and leave to set for one minute on the hot grill. Serve straight away.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer