The perfect combination of eggs, cheese, and bacon that magically creates a crust that helps you understand its name impossible quiche. A recipe this easy is made for camping.
Once made the quiche can be served in a variety of ways such as alone as hand food for an easy lunch. Serve this for brunch or lunch with a green salad. For a more hearty dinner try serving with baked beans or stewed vegetables.
The use of eggs, cheese, and bacon ensures that there is a lot of protein that is needed when exerting a lot of energy in the outdoors. Try experimenting with the style of bacon and cheese that you use to find a flavor profile that you like.
Camping Impossible Quiche Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 medium brown onion very finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 rashers bacon diced
- 2 oz butter melted
- 10 inch Dutch oven
- Preheat the Dutch oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Lightly whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the flour, onions, cheddar, bacon, and butter to the egg mixture then combine well.
Cooking Option 1
- Pour the mixture into the preheated Dutch oven and bake for 25 minutes or until set. Serve hot.
Cooking Option 2
- Place a trivet in the Dutch oven. Pour the mixture into a pie tin and place in the Dutch oven on the trivet then bake for 25 minutes or until set. Serve hot.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals