This brunch pie recipe takes advantage of the impossible quiche technique which means one mixture goes in that during Dutch oven baking a crust and filling are created.
The flour element used can be a packet pie shell type mix or similar, if not available it can be substituted with self-raising/self-rising flour.
Once made a few times you will start to personalize it adding and substituting to personal preference.
Dutch Oven Brunch Pie Recipe
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon diced
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 3/4 pound ham finely diced
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese shredded (grated)
- 3/4 cup leeks sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers (capsicum), diced
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups baking type mix pastry or similar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh garlic minced
- 12 inch Dutch oven
- In the lightly greased Dutch oven cook the bacon until limp and fat turning transparent. Drain and return to the Dutch oven.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs with the milk.
- Blend into the egg mixture the ham, cheese, leeks, red bell pepper, broccoli, onion, baking mix, white pepper, horseradish mustard, and garlic.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bacon in the Dutch oven.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Once cooked, let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals