This is a simple variation of pizza that can be made on the lid of a Dutch oven. Basically, you are cooking in the Dutch oven upside down.
This version is an easy camp one using crescent rolls, but can easily be substituted for homemade dough, or pre-made flatbreads.
This pizza flavor profile is also rather unique using a white sauce rather than a traditional tomato-based pizza sauce.
Dutch Oven Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 2 packet crescent rolls
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese (not whipped)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings to taste such as broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions, tomato, celery or similar
- 12 inch Dutch oven
- Lightly grease the inside of the Dutch oven lid. Separate the crescent rolls into 16 triangles then place them with the wide ends on the outside and the points on the inside. Pressing the seams together.
- Set up to bake with your Dutch oven upside down, to do this the lid is supported by a trivet. Bake with 8 coals under and 17 on top, (350 degrees F / 180 degrees C), for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine cream cheeses, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, garlic, and dill weed. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese sauce evenly over the cooked crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle the selected and diced vegetables over the prepared pizza base. This can be pretty or random. Lightly dust with a little more dill weed to garnish. Slice and serve.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals