Everything you love about the traditional BLT (bacon, lettuce, and tomato) sandwich, but in pizza form. This BBQ BLT Pizza is light and fresh, with traditional pizza sauce, pesto, and arugula. It’s also super simple to make with pre-made ingredients, like store-bought dough.
Twice the smoke, the pizza gets a ton of flavor from both the grill and the lovely smokiness of the bacon. Try using thinly sliced pancetta directly on the pizza, if you don’t feel like the fuss of cooking bacon. If you don’t want to fire up the grill, you can easily bake the pizza in a 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven on baking sheets.
This BLT pizza is great in both the summer and winter months, and most ingredients are readily available year-round. You can easily pack up everything you need to make this tasty meal to bring to your next cookout. Feel free to play with the toppings and use your traditional favorites or try something new.
BBQ BLT Pizza Recipe
- 6 slices bacon trimmed of excess fat
- 2 prepared pizza dough crusts
- 1/3 cup prepared tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- Preheat a grill to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and let cool for a few minutes. Cut the bacon into thirds. Set aside.
- Line two baking trays or pizza pans with parchment paper. Place the pizza dough on the trays and spread it evenly with the pizza sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the bacon on each pizza. Top with the tomatoes and dollop with the pesto.
- Carefully slide the pizzas onto the grill grates. Bake the pizzas until the crusts are golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and arugula. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals