Treacle bum pudding is one of Ranger Nick’s personal favorites. This recipe is just like his mum used to make for a special treat (which happened more often than you might think!).
If you don’t have treacle, try substituting with golden syrup, honey, or maple syrup. Don’t use American treacle, as the pudding will not turn out the same.
Enjoy this pudding topped with cream, custard, or ice cream. It’s also delicious served all on its own.
Treacle Bum Pudding Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup treacle or golden syrup
- 1 cup milk ginger beer or water, as needed
- 10 inch Dutch oven
- Place the flour and 1 tablespoon of golden syrup in a bowl. Stir in enough milk, ginger beer, or water to form a pancake batter.
- Heat the remaining syrup in the bottom of a Dutch oven and add the batter.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes, until cooked through.
Dutch Oven Dessert