A burger that is big enough to feed the whole family! The inspiration for this mega-burger came after repeatedly having the kids leaving most of their burgers uneaten, and the parents left hungry after scoffing down their serving.
With this giant burger, the prep is easier and each person cuts off the amount that they want and can eat. Small portions for the kids, bigger ones for the parents. On a diet, no problem, take a thinner slice!
The burger itself is fairly simple but super tasty, making it ideal for outdoor adventures. If cooking in the back yard feel free to step up the ingredients with more toppings, more complicated sauces, and homemade burger patties.
Foot Long Family Burger Recipe
- 4 burger patties (or one large)
- 1 foot-long roll
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices cheese
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- BBQ griddle/hotplate
- Preheat a flat top grill to medium heat.
- Add the burgers to the grill and cook until the patties are browned. Flip and cook until your desired doneness.
- Halve the roll and place cut side down on the flat top grill and heat until slightly toasted.
- Evenly spread the lettuce and tomatoes on the bottom side of the toasted roll.
- Place the cooked burger patties on the toasted top half of the roll then immediately place the cheese on top to use the residual heat to slightly soften.
- Drizzle the sauce over the cheese to your preferred sauce level.
- Close the two halves of the bread roll to create one foot long burger.
- Cut off the preferred serving sizes, thin pieces for children, larger for the adults.
More Burger Recipes
Whiskey Stave Smoked Cheeseburger
Grilled Sausage Breakfast Burger