Cheesy Kransky Jalapeño Poppers are the ultimate appetizer. Spicy, creamy, sweet, and with bacon, no one will be able to resist these at your next party.
You can find the Gotzinger mini cheeses at many shopping stores, including Costco. If you can’t find it, substitute your favorite spicy cheese.
To avoid getting the spicy pepper juice in your eyes, nose, or anywhere else, make sure to wear disposable gloves. If you like your poppers really spicy, leave some of the seeds inside.
Cheesy Kransky Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosmos Q Killer Bee BBQ Rub or your favorite honey rub
- 14 ounce Mini Cheese Kransky Chipolata
- 24 pieces streaky bacon
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- cherry wood (optional)
- Wash the jalapeño peppers then carefully cut them in half lengthwise. Take a small spoon, insert it into the jalapeño, and scrape to remove all of the seeds.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mix in the BBQ rub.
- Lay the peppers on a tray and fill them level with the cream cheese mixture.
- Press 1 Gotzinger Mini Cheese Kransky Chipolata into each of the peppers.
- Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the pepper and Kranksy and secure it with a toothpick. Season lightly with the sugar.
- Prepare a grill for indirect cooking and preheat to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C). You can add some smoking wood chunks here, like cherry wood.
- Cook indirectly for about 1 hour, or until the bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
Dutch Oven Baking