Steaks are easy to cook up on the grill or BBQ, whether you’re at home or in the bush. Take your steak from ordinary to extraordinary by adding this rich green peppercorn sauce. You can prepare the sauce base ahead of time and heat it very gently with the cream right before serving. This sauce also goes great on grilled chicken and fish.
To really impress, top your grilled meat with Crispy Onion Straws with Truffle Salt.
Brandy Green Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot diced finely
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine rinsed
- 1 cube beef bullion
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add green peppercorns and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add beef bouillon cube and crush. Add the brandy and beef broth and cook down to reduce by half and cook off the alcohol.
- Reduce the heat to low or remove the pan from the heat (this is important, so as not to curdle and cream). Add the cream and stir to combine, warm through, and serve.
More Sauce Recipes
Steak Diane Sauce
Steak Pepper Sauce