When looking for the ideal accompaniment for your next BBQ this steak pepper sauce should make the shortlist. It is flavorful without being overpowering. The sauce is slightly spiced and creamy.
The critical ingredient to this amazing sauce are the green peppercorns. These peppercorns are found in a small jar or can and immersed in liquid. Unlike the more common dried peppercorns, they are soft, full of a pepper flavor, and not overpoweringly hot or spicy.
The recipe is very simple and can easily be tweaked to personal preference. Try adding more garlic, exchanging the wine for bourbon or brandy, or exchanging the cream for sour cream. You can also use this sauce over pork and chicken.
Steak Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (2.3 oz) green peppercorns drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup white chardonnay wine
- 1 cup cream
- small frypan
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the butter, green peppercorns, and garlic.
- Sauté the peppercorns and garlic until aromatic. Add the white wine and simmer until 2/3 of the wine has evaporated.
- Add the cream to wine and peppercorns then stir intermittently while simmering. Simmer for at least 3 minutes so the flavors have a chance to meld. Tip: The pepper sauce can be cooked as long as you would like, the longer it cooks the thicker it will get and the peppercorns have the chance of getting mushy.
More Sauce Recipes
Steak Diane Sauce
Homemade Alabama White Sauce