The perfect burger for summer grilling, the black and bleu burger has blue cheese, a variety of spices, and is topped with crisp bacon. It is easy to prepare ahead of time, refrigerate, then bring it out to grill when you’re ready to cook.
Top this savory burger with your favorite condiments, or use our suggestions found in the recipe. This recipe calls for 80/20 ground beef, but feel free to switch to your preferred blend.
Make sure to toast the bun lightly, right before serving the burgers, for that fully flavored barbecue experience.
Black and Bleu Burger Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef 80/20
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons Black & Bleu Spice Rub or favorite beef rub
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 brioche buns or other hamburger buns
- 8 rashes bacon
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, add the ground beef, blue cheese crumbles, Black & Bleu spice rub, onion powder, garlic granules, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Mix by hand just until combined.
- Form into eight patties and dust with more Black & Bleu rub, if desired.
- Place on the hot grill, turning every few minutes to prevent burning. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.
- Serve the burgers in the brioche buns then top with the bacon, Blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, and red onion.
More Burger Recipes
Aussie Smash Burger
Hawaiian Burger Patties