There is only one thing that makes peaches better, grilling them. Ok, two things, pairing them with bacon.
Grilling the beach releases the sweetness of the fruit while letting it soften and caramelize creating the peak flavor of the fruit.
The filling adds a salty savory element to complement the sweet through the use of blue cheese and bacon. Finally, it is topped with a little more honey.
Bacon Stuffed Peaches Recipe
- 2 fresh peaches
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 4 rashes bacon cooked crisp
- 4 tablespoons honey
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut each peach in half then remove the pit. Cut the pocket a little larger to hold all the stuffing.
- Place the peach cut side down on the grill with high direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn the peaches over then fill them evenly with the blue cheese and top with the crumbled cooked bacon. Grill for another 5 minutes or until the peaches are soft and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the peaches immediately while hot then drizzle the honey over them. Finish off with a good sprinkle of ground black pepper.
More Peach Recipes
BBQ Grilled Dessert
Grilled Peach with Brandy Sauce
Peach Bourbon Beans
Grilled Side Dish