Barbecued Stuffed Squid is packed with basil and tomato rice, chorizo, and red capsicum. It is drizzled with honey and hot sauce for a sweet and spicy kick.
If you’ve never cooked squid before, don’t be intimidated. Always use the freshest squid available for the best flavor, and clean it well before cooking.
This dish can be served as a first course or the main dish. Serve it alongside Mediterranean-inspired sides, for an extra-special meal.
Stuffed Squid Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 2 links chorizo sausage chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds squid
- 1 tablespoon honey for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce for serving
- Cook rice according to package directions and let cool.
- Cook chorizo until fat is rendered. Drain on paper towels and let cool.
- Stir chorizo, tomatoes, basil, peppers, and egg into the rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a grill for indirect heat at 250 degrees F (121 degrees C).
- Clean the squid, and then stuff it with the filling. Season squid with honey.
- Cook until the squid has an internal temperature of 155 to 160 degrees F (68 to 71 degrees C), about 1 hour.
- Remove from the grill and drizzle with hot sauce before serving.
More Squid Recipes
Grilled Squid Salad