Chicken wings are a popular appetizer any time of year. These spicy cranberry chicken wings are perfect for the fall, especially around Thanksgiving and football games.
The chicken wings are first roasted with high heat, then cooked in a sweet and spicy marinade. The marinade has a bit of an Asian influence, with hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, and Sriracha.
These are especially tasty served alongside a cold beer. Make sure to serve them with plenty of napkins, too!
Spicy Cranberry Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds party chicken wings
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions (spring onions) sliced
- closed grill or camp oven
- Preheat the closed grill or camp oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roast chicken wings on a parchment-lined sheet pan until browned and crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Cook cranberries, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey, Sriracha, garlic, and ginger over medium heat until the berries pop, about 7 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Toss the wings with the sauce and return to the oven. Broil for a few minutes to set the sauce. When they are dark and caramelized, transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the green onions.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer