Smoked salmon mousse is a wonderfully tasty way to serve leftover smoked salmon on a fishing trip. This uses hot smoked salmon, not the cured smoked salmon style sometimes known as lox.
The leftover salmon is combined with cream cheese to make the mousse. It can be rustic and chunky or fancy and smooth, but the latter would require a blender.
The smoked salmon mousse can be served in a variety of ways, not just on the cucumber as shown here. The mousse could top crackers or crostini. It can also be served more as a dip with cucumber, crackers, or other raw vegetable sticks.
Smoked Salmon Mousse Recipe
- 1 lb hot smoked salmon chilled
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small cucumber sliced into rounds
- 1 sprig dill to garnish (optional)
- piping bag, optional
- Break the chilled, smoked salmon down into small pieces, then crush with a fork.
- Combine the salmon with the lemon juice and cream cheese to make the salmon mousse. Taste then adjust with extra lemon, salt, or pepper to your preferred taste.
- Top the cucumbers with the salmon mousse and garnish with a small piece of dill.
RV or Cabin Option
- Place all the mouse ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Use a piping bag to place the salmon mousse on the cucumber.
More Salmon Recipes
Fish and Chips with Smoked Salmon
Smoked Salmon Sushi