Pulled pork is turned into an amazing lunch or finger food with this quesadilla. It is an ideal way to use up leftover pulled pork. Top the quesadilla with a fresh pico de gallo and sour cream for some contrasting flavors and textures.
At first, the recipe may seem too simple but that is part of the charm. Let the meat be the main star, yet not so much it is overwhelming the whole dish. We used a basic Mexican cheese mix, but you can try other cheeses like queso fresco, cotija, or even cheddar cheese.
This also works well as a simple dish for kids. Or it’s a great way to serve food if you’re trying to minimize carbs, compared to a bread roll. The flour tortilla can be swapped out for corn for those avoiding gluten.
Pulled Pork Quesadilla Recipe
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups pulled pork
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- GrillGrates or flat top grill, or skillet
- Preheat the hotplate or griddle to a moderately hot temperature.
- Layout four of the flour tortillas.
- Divide the pulled pork evenly across all four tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the pork.
- Place the remaining tortillas on top.
- Clean and wipe the hot plate or griddle with some oil.
- Place the quesadillas on the grill and allow to cook until brown. If the hotplate or griddle is too hot, the tortilla will brown but the pork won’t heat nor will the cheese melt. Adjust the temperature if required.
- When brown flip and cook the other side; remove from the grill.
- To serve slice into quarters; top with the pico de gallo and sour cream.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
BBQ Grilled Dessert