Always looking for ways to use up leftover pulled pork? This is a great morning after recipe that isn’t too porky as it is combined with a hash and then topped with a fried egg. It is a solid meal to help you start a busy day.
The recipe uses potatoes, onions, and bell peppers as a hash base. But there may be other items that you enjoy or want to use up, so feel free to substitute or add to these. You can try this with other root vegetables, mushrooms, zucchini, or anything else you may have on hand.
The egg yolk acts as a sauce as it runs down into the hash. Feel free to cook the egg in your preferred way, to your preferred doneness. Have some extra barbecue sauce on hand to drizzle the hash at the end, if you like.
Pulled Pork Hash Recipe
- oil as needed
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 cups leftover pulled pork
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce to season
- 4 eggs
- Flat top grill or griddle or griddle
- Preheat the flattop grill or hotplate to a medium-hot temperature. Add some oil when hot.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and bell peppers. Cook until starting to soften. If you keep the ingredients separately spaced you can move the different heat areas of the grill to make sure all are done at the same time.
- Add the leftover pulled pork to the grill and heat through. Mix with the vegetables. Remember as the pulled pork has been sauced it is likely to have a high sugar content that will allow it to burn easily. Either keep it moving when cooking or turn the hot plate down. Taste and adjust the flavor as needed with extra BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, or rub.
- When the hash is almost ready to serve clear a spot on the hot plate. Add some extra oil then crack the eggs to fry. You can flip them partway through or place something like an upside-down bowl on them to make sure the top is cooked, yet the yolk is still soft.
- Serve the hash, topped with the egg, and serve immediately.
More Pull Pork Recipes
BBQ Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork Quesadilla