Pulled pork sandwiches have many variations across America and now the world. This version includes a simple slaw and scratch-made dressing that uses sour cream and adobo sauce among its many ingredients. This sandwich is sweet, savory, spicy, and super messy.
The instructions are included to make a simple smoked pulled pork for the recipe. But you may also use leftovers if you have any available. The sauce is what brings this whole sandwich together.
Although you can use any roll, there is something that just screams for pulled pork sandwich rolls to be super soft. This allows the sandwich to sort of bind together while the juices run down your arms. Make sure to have plenty of napkins around!
Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 6 bread rolls
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees F (122 degrees C).
- Rub the pork shoulder butt roast with the rub to create an even coating. Place in the smoker and cook until they have a temperature of about 170 degrees F (76 degrees C). This will take about 3 hours.
- Place pork in a disposable half-pan foil pan, then apply the butter, maple syrup, tiger sauce, and raw sugar. Cover the pork and tray with foil then cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 205 degrees F (96 degrees C).
- When cooked let rest for 30 minutes then pull the pork ready for the sandwich. Mix the pulled pork with the Warpig Smokehouse Original BBQ Sauce.
- Combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots. There is no need to add dressing as there is sauce for the sandwich.
- Place in a large bowl the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, pepper, salt, sugar, vinegar, and adobo sauce. Combine well. Alternately this can be done in a food processor.
- Halve each bread roll. On the base add the pulled pork, the slaw, and then top with the dressing before placing it on the top of the roll. Serve immediately while hot.