Similar to spaghetti Carbonara, Pork Jowl Bacon Spaghetti with Green Peas is an easy but satisfying dish. Bacon is sautéed with aromatics, herbs, and peas, then tossed with spaghetti noodles. The whole dish is topped with Parmesan cheese.
For extra protein or a more substantial meal, top each serving with a fried egg. If you don’t have jowl bacon on hand, substitute regular bacon. However, look for thick-cut bacon, as you’ll get more substantial pieces in your dish.
This dish is simple enough to prepare while camping but elegant enough to serve to dinner guests at your next celebration.
Pork Jowl Bacon Spaghetti Recipe
- 16 ounces thick spaghetti
- 5 slices jowl bacon regular bacon will do as well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh green peas or frozen green peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs dill chopped
- 4 mint leaves chopped
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Cut bacon into lardons (strips).
- Heat a frypan over medium heat with the oil to start the cooking process. Add the bacon and sauté and render until almost crispy.
- Add the onions and garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Once the ingredients are nicely sautéed, add the cooked pasta and the green peas to the mixture. Toss everything together. If it’s a little dry, add some of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with the chopped dill and mint.
- Serve in a bowl and shave or grate Parmesan cheese over the top. If you like, fry an egg and put it on top of the pasta.
More Pasta Recipes
Two Pot Meal
Camping Spaghetti Bolognese
Two Pot Meal