Made of a combination of beef, pork, and bacon ends, Pepperoni Snack Sticks are the ultimate snack food. A special combination of spices makes them different than anything you can buy at the store.
If you are grinding your own meat, try freezing it for up to 30 minutes, to make it easier to grind. Sometimes it is helpful to pass the meat through the grinder twice.
It is important to use glass, ceramic, or plastic bowls when mixing your meats with the fast cure. If you use aluminum or steel (or other reactive metals), a chemical reaction will occur and it will ruin the mixture or could cause you to get ill.
Pepperoni Snack Sticks Recipe
- 80 pounds ground beef (20% fat)
- 20 pounds ground pork
- 10 pounds ground bacon ends
- 2 1/2 pounds salt
- 5 1/2 ounces crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces black pepper
- 3 ounces allspice
- 1 1/2 ounces cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces crushed fennel
- 4 ounces whole fennel
- 2 ounces garlic powder
- 3 ounces paprika
- 4 ounce fast cure
- 19 MM collagen casings
- stuffing tube
- Mix beef, pork, bacon, salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, allspice, cayenne pepper, crushed fennel, whole fennel, and fast cure in a glass, ceramic, or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Use the stuffing tube on your meat grinder to fill the collagen casings.
- Prepare your smoker to 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Lightly smoke for 4 hours.
- After smoking, let cool then cut into 7-inch (18cm) sticks.
More Sausage Recipes
Homemade Fresh Chorizo
Looks like it might be good but, not willing to make a 110 lb batch of a new recipe. I like to try a small batch first
I am looking forward to trying this recipe! I do have a question though, the ‘quick cure’, what exactly is it? Where can I buy it?