A whole meal, with meat, veggies, and fresh herbs, cooks together in a London Broil Roast. Flavorful London broil is surrounded by carrots, potatoes, and other vegetables and fresh herbs as it slowly cooks in your camp oven or smoker. The result is a full meal that is packed with flavor and tender bites of beef.
London broil is also known as a top round or top blade steak. It has very little fat and can be tough if not cooked properly. Cooking this cut low and slow over several hours results in meat that is falling apart tender.
Once you prepare the vegetables for this meal, the rest of the process is fairly hands-off. This means you can relax with family and friends while the meat and vegetables slowly cook. You can then enjoy your dinner, either slicing the meat against the grain or pulling the meat.
London Broil Roast Recipe
- 2 pounds Marble Ridge Specialty Farms London broil roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 large carrots roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds baby yellow potatoes halved
- 3 medium ribs celery roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion roughly chopped
- 3 green onions roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- large roasting pan
- aluminum foil
- Preheat a camp oven, closed grill, or smoker to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan. Season both sides generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Surround the roast with vegetables and fresh herbs.
- Cook, uncovered, for 2 hours. After 2 hours, cover the pan with foil, then continue to cook for 1 additional hour, until fork tender.
- Let the roast rest for 30 minutes before serving. The meat can be sliced or pulled.
More Roast Recipes
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals
Dutch Oven Roast Lamb
Roast Rack of Lamb
Dutch Oven Main Dish