This leek tart, or open-face leek pie, is a great meat-free option for your next camping trip. This dish is made especially easy using a pre-made pie crust. If you have a little more time, you can make your own.
This recipe uses a few dishes but it is worth the effort. These instructions are for cooking in a pie tin, but this can also be easily be baked in a skillet.
You may boost the flavors up a little by mixing in different cheese options. Perhaps a creamy mozzarella, salty Parmesan, smoked white cheddar, or a spicy pepper jack.
Leek Tart Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 leeks diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- pie tin
- camp oven
- Preheat the camp oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, stir in the leeks, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the leeks start to dry add the white wine to deglaze.
- In a bowl mix together the sour cream, milk, eggs, and cheese. Add in the leek mixture.
- Pour the sour cream, egg, and leek mixture into the pre-made pie shell.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.