These easily cooked barbecue hot and fast chicken wings use a selection of sauces to keep them moist and provide flavor. They are a great option as a finger food or part of a light meal.
Initially, the chicken wings are marinated in a sauce overnight to help tenderize and add flavor. Once cooked they are again coated in a more barbecue-influenced sauce ready for eating.
This hot and fast cooking method reduces the cooking time to an hour but is still packed with all the flavor of a much longer low and slow smoking method. Wood isn’t needed as chicken easily absorbs flavors that it can get from the burning fuel alone.
Hot and Fast Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 1/4 cups spicy sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons Blues Hog Original Dry Rub Seasoning or similar all-purpose rub
- 1/4 cup Blues Hog Original Barbecue Sauce or similar BBQ sauce
- Trim the chicken wings to your preferred eating style. For ‘party wings’ cut at the 2 joints, and throw away the wing tips.
- Place the wings with 1 cup of spicy sauce in a bowl. Toss to make sure they are well covered then leave to marinate overnight.
- Remove the wings and shake off any excess sauce, then dust with the all-purpose rub.
- Preheat your smoker to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place the prepared chicken wings in the smoker then cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken wings then cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Combine the BBQ sauce and the remaining spicy sauce then mix well.
- Add the cooked chicken wings to the mixed sauce and stir or toss well to make sure well it is combined. Serve immediately while still hot.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
Mild Buffalo Chicken Wings
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
Fried-Not-Fried Chicken Wings