These easily cooked barbecue hot and fast chicken wings use a selection of sauces to keep them moist and provide flavor. They are a great option as a finger food or part of a light meal.
Initially, the chicken wings are marinated in a sauce overnight to help tenderize and add flavor. Once cooked they are again coated in a more barbecue-influenced sauce ready for eating.
This hot and fast cooking method reduces the cooking time to an hour but is still packed with all the flavor of a much longer low and slow smoking method. Wood isn’t needed as chicken easily absorbs flavors that it can get from the burning fuel alone.
Hot and Fast Chicken Wings Recipe
- Trim the chicken wings to your preferred eating style. For ‘party wings’ cut at the 2 joints, and throw away the wing tips.
- Place the wings with 1 cup of spicy sauce in a bowl. Toss to make sure they are well covered then leave to marinate overnight.
- Remove the wings and shake off any excess sauce, then dust with the all-purpose rub.
- Preheat your smoker to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place the prepared chicken wings in the smoker then cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken wings then cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Combine the BBQ sauce and the remaining spicy sauce then mix well.
- Add the cooked chicken wings to the mixed sauce and stir or toss well to make sure well it is combined. Serve immediately while still hot.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer