Fajita seasoning is a seasoning blend used on meats before frying and eventually combined with other ingredients to make a complete fajita. It gives the core familiar flavors to this Mexican dish.
Versatile, this seasoning can be used on any meat such as chicken and steak or even seafood such as shrimp or fish. A small amount can also be sprinkled on other ingredients while cooking such as bell peppers and onions.
Making your own seasonings gives you the ability to adjust if necessary, there is salt included but may be removed if needed. There is no sugar as the fajita meat is fried and it may burn, sweetness is not needed, with enough coming from the vegetables.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Recipe
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosha salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fine black pepper
- 1 storage container
- Measure out the chili powder, cumin, garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Use immediately or store in a sealed container until needed for up to a month.
More Seasoning Recipes
Homemade Pork Rub
Homemade BBQ Rub