This homemade BBQ rubs is easy to make and a great option to keep in the pantry for all your BBQ needs. The aromatic blend of spices has a touch of sweet and heat, there is some salt and sugar but not enough to be overpowering.
Use this rub on anything and everything! Try sprinkling it on chicken, pork, or fish before it hits the grill. Or marinate beef or pork with this rub, then cook it in your smoker.
This rub will keep in an air-tight container in a dry cupboard for up to one month. However the older spices get the less potent they are, also avoid moisture as that makes to rub clog.
Homemade BBQ Rub Recipe
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup Kosha salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Measure out and place in a container the white sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic granules, mustard, oregano, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Store in an air-tight container until needed.