When hearing of grilled watermelon it is easy to be a bit skeptical. But after the first bite, you will be a believer. If a fan of mint, this sauce is an awesome addition as well.
As the watermelon is not being cooked there is a reduced pressure to get the grill to a specific temperature. You can simply turn the watermelon when it has the caramelized grill marks you desire.
There are also no hard and fast rules about how you have to cut the watermelon. Skewers work great as do simple large wedges. Serve as an entree, side, or even dessert.
Grilled Watermelon Recipe
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves finely diced
- 1/2 watermelon
- skewers, optional
- Combine the white wine vinegar, maple syrup, and mint. Leave to mature while preparing and cooking the watermelon.
- Cut the watermelon to the preferred serving shape or place it on skewers if desired.
- Grill the watermelon on GrillGrates to get the desired grill marks on them.
- Serve the watermelon drizzled with the fruit dressing.
BBQ Grilled Salad