Using fresh or canned crab these grilled crab cakes are easy to make and fun to cook outdoors whether it is in your backyard or out camping. To make these truly special, you can use fresh-caught crab.
Crab cakes are a favorite for many folks and can be served as an appetizer or main dish. They can be served with a side of vegetables or salad, and even eaten in a sandwich.
These crab cakes have been cooked on the grate side of the GrillGrates but you can also flip them to give a flat top griddle effect. Alternatively, they can also be cooked in a skillet.
Grilled Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced red onions or shallots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for grilling
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Flake the crabmeat into a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, mustard, mayonnaise, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, egg, and onions. Mix well, but be careful not to overwork the cakes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls. Flatten each one into a cake.
- Lightly brush the cakes with the oil.
- Place the cakes on the preheated grill and cook for 3 minutes. Carefully lift and twist each cake to get a diamond-shaped sear. Cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Flip the cakes and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the grill to a serving platter and serve immediately.
More Crab Recipes
Dungeness Crab Cocktail
Skillet Crab Dip
Very tasty looking! I do love cilantro, but I have heard that some people have an aversion to it. Love your photo!