Cilantro lime grilled chicken is healthy meets flavorsome! Chicken breasts are quickly marinated in a cilantro-lime dressing and then lightly grilled to keep tender.
A quick 15-minute soak in the marinade will give the chicken plenty of flavor. But, if you have the time, marinate the chicken, in the cooler overnight for even more flavor.
This chicken dish is topped with fresh avocados, cilantro, and lime juice. It tastes great with a side of chips and guacamole or served wrapped in warm tortillas.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- 1 bunch cilantro coriander
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic rub
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro (coriander), chopped
- 1 lime quartered
- Combine the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Set aside to let the flavors combine.
- Pound the chicken breasts until uniformly thick. Place in the marinade and let rest there for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic rub then place on the grill. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove the chicken from the grill and top with avocados, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
BBQ Grilled Meat