Including the breakfast favorites of bacon, sausage, and egg this grilled breakfast pizza is a great way to start the day outdoors. Instead of red sauce, the base of this pizza is country gravy.
If camping you can pre-prepare all the toppings at home then simply add them to the pre-made pizza base. Then it’s as simple as adding the pizza to the grill for a quick and easy breakfast. Alternatively, it isn’t much trouble to make from scratch onsite.
Serving breakfast as a pizza has the added advantage of being able to eat it with your hands, meaning no dishes. Most people would agree that no dishes puts you in a much better mood for the rest of the day.
Grilled Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 packet white country sausage flavor gravy
- oil for grilling
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 3 hardboiled eggs chopped
- 6 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 6 cooked spicy sausage or mild sausage patties,crumbled
- 3 cooked red potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Make the gravy according to package directions.
- Preheat a grill to medium-low heat.
- Rub oil onto the bottom side of the premade pizza base then place on a cutting board ready to add the toppings.
- Spread half the gravy over the pizza crust. Add the eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes evenly around the pizza. Dollop the remaining gravy over the toppings. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place the pizza on the preheated grill, close the lid, and cook for 20 minutes rotating it every 5 minutes to ensure the grill marks don’t turn into burn marks. Check the base each turn to make sure it isn’t cooking too quickly, if so then reduce the temperature.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes to let the toppings stabilize before slicing.
More Pizza Recipes
Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals
Dutch Oven Ham Pizza