Salmon with Dill Sauce is super easy, yet very satisfying. The unique sauce, a mixture of yogurt and fresh dill, really makes it.
It’s easy enough to prepare while on a fishing trip or fancy enough for a weeknight meal on the backyard BBQ when guests come around. Pair it with a salad or some cooked vegetables to make it a meal, but don’t use strong flavors that may overwhelm the flavors of the salmon.
The recipe uses yogurt for the dill sauce and the tart contrast works well with the salmon. If you don’t like this it can be toned down by using sour cream instead.
Salmon with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 fillets salmon
- 1 tablesppon favorite salmon rub
- flat top grill or skillet
- Sort through the dill and reserve some nice fronds to garnish. Pick about a handful of dill and finely chop it.
- Combine the dill with the Greek yogurt, mixing well. Chill for the flavors to combine while preparing the salmon.
- Preheat the flat top grill or skillet to a medium temperature.
- Check the salmon fillets for pin bones and remove any found. Tip: It is more economical to buy a full side of salmon (or you can catch your own). Slice the fillet into desired portion size.
- Sprinkle the fillets of salmon with the salmon rub.
- Cook one side of the salmon until starting to crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over and turn off the hotplate (the residual heat will be enough to complete the cooking). Leave on the hotplate, until opaque all the way through.Tip: The salmon will start to fall apart if over-cooked making it difficult to maneuver on the grill.
- Serve with the first cooked side facing up, topped with the dill sauce, and reserved dill fronds to garnish.
More Salmon Recipes
Campfire Fried Salmon
BBQ Grilled Seafood
Herbal Smoked Salmon