Perfect for a weekend cookout, herbal smoked salmon is impressive but so easy to make. Wild-caught salmon is marinated in fresh herbs and spices, then grilled.
Use alder wood chips, or your favorite variety, to add different nuances of flavor to this fish.
Use the marinade on other hearty, fatty fish fillets, like arctic char, striped bass, or amberjack.
Herbal Smoked Salmon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- alder wood chips
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the chives, thyme, garlic, onion, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the herb-butter mixture on top of the salmon fillet, completely covering it. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a grill to medium-low heat. Add alder wood chunks just prior to placing the fish on the grill.
- Cook until the meat is firm but still moist in the middle, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
BBQ Grilled Seafood