Change up your taco game with quick, easy, and super flavorful Flank Steak Tacos. With just a few ingredients, like beef seasoning, cilantro, and lime, you’ll have a tasty dinner ready in no time. Perfect for a group, you can let each person make their own tacos with their favorite toppings.
Flank steak is from the bottom abdominal area of the cow. While it has a ton of flavor, it can be a little tough from the hard-working muscle. Make sure to slice it super thinly, against the grain, for the most tender texture.
If you don’t have access to flank steak, skirt steak is a great substitute in this recipe. Coming from the cow’s diaphragm, it is also a tougher cut of beef. Make sure to only cook this cut to medium-rare and cut it thinly against the grain.
Grilled Flank Steak Taco Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Marble Ridge Specialty Farms flank steak
- your favorite beef seasoning to taste
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the flank steak liberally with the seasoning and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill the flank steak until medium-rare, 135 degrees F (55 degrees C) using an instant-read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the tortillas on the grill, for about 30 seconds per side.
- Slice the flank steak thinly against the grain. Serve it on top of the tortillas, with the onions, cilantro, cheese, and lime wedges.
More Taco Recipes
Camping Hot Dog Taco
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos