Change up your taco game with quick, easy, and super flavorful Flank Steak Tacos. With just a few ingredients, like beef seasoning, cilantro, and lime, you’ll have a tasty dinner ready in no time. Perfect for a group, you can let each person make their own tacos with their favorite toppings.
Flank steak is from the bottom abdominal area of the cow. While it has a ton of flavor, it can be a little tough from the hard-working muscle. Make sure to slice it super thinly, against the grain, for the most tender texture.
If you don’t have access to flank steak, skirt steak is a great substitute in this recipe. Coming from the cow’s diaphragm, it is also a tougher cut of beef. Make sure to only cook this cut to medium-rare and cut it thinly against the grain.
Grilled Flank Steak Taco Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Marble Ridge Specialty Farms flank steak
- your favorite beef seasoning to taste
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the flank steak liberally with the seasoning and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill the flank steak until medium-rare, 135 degrees F (55 degrees C) using an instant-read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the tortillas on the grill, for about 30 seconds per side.
- Slice the flank steak thinly against the grain. Serve it on top of the tortillas, with the onions, cilantro, cheese, and lime wedges.